Merlin IV Block, Billet Splayed Caps 9.8" Deck 4.495" Bore 1
Merlin IV Bare Block
Deck Height 9.800"
Material: High density cast iron
Deck thickness: .600" minimum
Maximum recommended bore: 4.620"
Crank clearance: 4.375" stroke crank without clearance
Deck height: 9.800" (standard Chevrolet) or 10.200" (tall)
Main caps: Splayed steel billet main caps
Marine Crate Engines
The Merlin IV Block is a perfect choice for high performance marine applications. It incorporates important features of the Pro Race block such as reinforced bulkheads and main webs, thicker decks, and a priority main oiling system plus essentials for marine use such as utilizing the stock Chevy oil pan pattern, OEM 2.750" mains and 100% compatibility with Mark IV Bow Tie components. The nodular iron 4-bolt mains provide the necessary support for high RPM operation while maintaining excellent bearing wear. Indexed lifter bores assure optimum reliability. World Products blocks are manufactured to QS-9000 specifications.
- Material: High Density Cast Iron
- Deck Height: Standard 9.800"
- Deck Thickness: .600" minimum
- Cam Bearings: Standard Chevrolet
- Main Bearings: Standard Chevrolet
- Camshaft Location: Stock
- Lifter Bores: Indexed (stock .8437" bore)
- Bore: 4.240 (hone to 4.250") or 4.495 (hone to 4.500")
- Maximum Bore: 4.625"
- Cylinder Wall Thickness: .250" at 4.620" bore
- Water Jackets: Expanded for better cooling
- Lubrication: Priority main oiling system
- Filtration: Integral mount for spin-on filter
- Oil Pan Rails: Solid (stock width)
- Crank Clearance: 4.375" stroke
- Main Caps: 4-bolts splayed, nodular iron or billet steel
- Fuel Pump: OEM mount
- Starter: OEM mount
- Motor Mounts: Dual (front and side)
- Cylinder Head Holes: Blind tapped to prevent leaks
- Weight: Approximately 270 lbs.
Compatible with all Mark IV components
All Merlin IV Blocks need finish machine work to complete.
Remember: TCM offers complete machine service and block preparation